Wednesday, January 20, 2010

kindness and magic

Yesterday I saw Patti Smith! WOW! HOLY COW! I left work as soon as I could, ran to Yankee Stadium, hopped on the train, and arrived at the Barnes and Noble at Union Square. Dylan had already been sitting there for several hours, saving a seat for me. We got to sit in the 5th row and she talked about her new book and when she was young, AND she and Lenny from the Patti Smith Group performed 3 songs! It was amazing!






Afterwards Kaitlyn and I went to the Charleston for some pizza and trivia. We scored 11th place out of 21.





7 comments:

Jessica.h said...

OMG!
Remember that time we didn't see Sonic Youth together??!

MacKenzie said...

For the millionth time, YES!

mattm said...

wow. what songs did she do? that's craziness.

I really like Easter and Gone Again, but kinda think Horses is overrated. It'd be amazing to meet her, though.

Rachel said...

the comment word verification right now is "poris." i just thought that was funny (can't say why, really). also, you are getting to be so famous with all these celebs. i hope we see another one when you come to cali. obviously they gravitate to you, as the only one i've seen is that girl from ANTM (when you were here).

Love,
Rachel

Rachel said...

G-L-O-Rrrrr-iy-iy-iy-iy-iy-iy--iy-A!

mattm said...

When you see the folks from Mates of State around town, tell them their new remix CD is way better than the originals on stupid "Re-arrange Us."

And if you see Carl Newman around, tell him about Just for Men.

Do it.

MacKenzie said...

I promise you, if I see those people I will tell them those things. Although I may not recognize AC Newman. I never got into that re-arrange album.