Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back 2 School

September = back to school. In addition to 6th graders, I'm teaching 5th graders. They are too cute. Things are totally different this year- in a good way.

Natalie is my friend and co-teacher and we are making a huge effort to establish the importance of respect, have fun, and play music in the classroom.

We are teaching science and math.

I'm loving that new Jay Z/Alicia Keys song about New York. It's exciting to listen to it living in NYC.

I'm also loving living in Brooklyn. The view is better.





2 comments:

Aberdeen said...

Good luck this year! I'm sure it will be great now that you know everything. I love 5th graders, too. They are funny and know how to follow directions. hehe

Jessica.h said...

Yeah, co-teaching! Yeah, music in the classroom!

I'm sure that you're both lovely teachers. I would like to sit in (especially because I'm not good at science and math ... probably more my level, ya know).