Thursday, July 1, 2010

JUNE

June is over and I feel like my summer is just beginning. Here are some things that happened during the past month.

Yesterday I met Dylan downtown after he was done with work. I said that I wanted to get a slice of pizza at this place down the street called 'Two Boots'. It's a good thing we did because we happened to stumble upon the cast and crew from Curb Your Enthusiasm shooting a scene for the next season!!!
We were standing outside the pizza shop waiting to see if any of the actors would show, and Larry David came walking down the side walk, right past us!

Then Jeff Garland went into the pizza shop right after I had! If only I had waited a little longer, I could have talked to him. We stuck around to watch them shoot the scene. It was fun. I made eye contact with Larry at one point!

All we know is next season involves Larry and Jeff driving around in a Volvo with a periscope looking for a one-armed man.

Here are a bunch of pictures...










Bridget and Bobbi came to visit. It was great to have them here in NYC.
It was Bobbi's dream to see the Statue of Liberty, so we did just that.




Of course we took them to Grimaldi's.

And the Shake Shack.

And Tuesday we spent the day at the Bronx Zoo!
We watched two playful hyenas for a good 15 minutes.

Tree Kangaroo chillin'.

Crazy little monkeys.



Then we had dinner at Tom's restaurant.


Bobbi wanted to stay forever!

I also had a chance to see Karly's new baby Madelyn!

And Principal Kelly took us all out to dinner to celebrate the end of the school year.

And Dylan played his first ever acoustic show at a bar nearby. It was great!

And we snuck up to the top floor of a fancy hotel for this view.

Rick and Darcy were here for Father's Day weekend. We treated Rick to meat and beer at Fette Sau. He cleaned those ribs good!

A variety of meats!


We showed them many parts of the city.



They were invited to stay at Dylan's customers' fancy downtown apartment and drink all the wine! We relaxed there during the evening. Chuck Close lives in the building!

We visited Dylan at work. Here he is making beautiful latte art.

It was African Pride day at school and my students wore special outfits. They looked so nice and dignified!


One night some pals and I went to see Ryan play at the Lovin' Cup.

Dylan and I saw these boys playing in a fallen tree.

We also were able to see Camera Obscura play for free in a vault. We were at the front of the stage. My first of hopefully many summer concerts.

This squirrel messes around on our fire escape and stares at us through the window sometimes.

These crazy guys bounce around the neighborhood.

I've been to a couple of birthday parties.

Here's a cake I made for Natalie. It melted in the heat.


Karaoke birthday fun!

"all that's left is a band of gold..."

"don't leave me hangin' on the telephone!"

Dixie Chicks.

More birthday party fun. Pinata!


Discovering new murals...

Admiring pretty flowers...

HELLO JULY!
¡Viajo a México!

3 comments:

Mark Lynch said...

Pretty melty cake. Best blog entry ever?

Bunkyblog said...

Thanx for the delightful fotos, MacD! I hear the Queen is coming to visit you and Dyl in NYC. Get some fotos of her, preferably with Larry David.

mattm said...

¿Cómo era México? ¿Hubo te arena visto? ¿Ha comprado un sombrero? Hubo diversión y el entusiasmo?