Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgibbons

Here's a little catch up on some things I've been doing...

I made this maple infused roasted pear cheesecake.

Rachel and Tak came to visit! It went by too fast, but we had some good times. We ate lots of Grimaldi's pizza on Tak's birthday.

These are the girls I live with. Carly and Joey Ramone.

I organized a field trip for the 6th graders to a farm in Queens. They had a lot of fun, so it was worth all the stress in the end.

One of my favorite students from last year.


Hayride!

Chickens!



My roommates and I hosted Thanksgiving at our apartment. We made our first turkey! Kaitlyn did all the nasty stuff that involved touching the uncooked bird. She spread lots of salted butter under the skin.

I made a stock with the neck and giblets for the gravy.

I made Carly take a picture of me basting the turkey. I got this baster at the 99 cents store for only $1.29!

Turkey Carving 1-2-3-4!

Our meal:
Scalloped butternut squash with lots of tasty cheeses (Carly)
Kale salad (Carly)
Green Bean Casserole (Carly)
Cranberries w/ orange zest (me)
Stuffing (me)
Tukey (Kaitlyn and me)
Tofurkey for Carly

We had three lovely ladies from Israel over. It was their first ever Thanksgiving and they loved it! They went back for 2nds and 3rds! I was very happy to share such a great holiday with them.

We ate a lot.


For dessert we had sweet potato pie topped with pecans (my 3rd year making this for Thanksgiving) and a yummy apple pie from Trader Joes. It was such a nice day! I love Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Aberdeen said...

THAT WAS AWESOME! You look glowing, and so does your turkey. I also like the quip about living with one of the Ramones. Well played!

merveilleuse said...

Nice update, dear. I love seeing the pics of your students. So cute! Sweet-ass baster, too. XOX

mattm said...

Welcome back -- everybody needs to blog more around Chrishmos time.

MacKenzie said...

Matt! HAHA! Have you been listening to Snowed In on repeat, too?! (And the Low Christmas album of course.)

Jessica.h said...

Everything about this looks delicious and wonderful! Kaitlyn's hair reminds me of Korea, for realz.