Monday, March 28, 2011

P & P

I have some updates for my blog. Does anybody even check on this anymore?

I've started a Pie of the Month Club with my friends. For March, I made this plum custard almond pie. The whole thing was gone that night.
Here's the recipe: http://bakingbites.com/2010/09/plum-custard-pie-with-almond-crust/#more-6625

For February (the first POMC), I made this French Silk Pie. Yummmmmmmmm.
Recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/259699/jean-websters-french-silk-pie


I also went to France! My old pal and roomie lives in a little town north of Paris, called Chauny, where she teaches English to high schoolers. She had the same vacation days as me, so we hung out. We stayed two nights in Chauny. She showed me around the town.

This is Elizabeth walking along the canal.

Then we took the train to Paris where we stayed four nights in an apartment Elizabeth found on airbnb.com

Here is Elizabeth with our massive key opening the door to our apartment.

We did lots of fun things. Eating delicious pastries was my top priority. We found this beautiful boulangerie that we had read about.

We took in lots of art.

And ate tasty dinners.

Here is Elizabeth with her new French friend and tasty coffee treats!

This is us getting crazy in our Paris apartment. That chandelier was low and I hit my head on it about 24 times.

Consulting the map...

Tasty lunch at an adorable art nouveau cafe.

Woman walking dog across bridge over the Seine.

Elizabeth consulting map with Notre Dame in background.

We stopped into La Duree for a tasty treat and some special tea. It was fance.

I liked this building.

Last minute stop to Le Sacre Coeur.

It was a beautiful trip and I was happy to spend time with my friend Eliz. I want to go back. If you want to see more (better) pictures of the trip, check Elizabeth's blog posts:
http://merveilleuse-ily.blogspot.com/2011/02/friday-night-toute-seule.html
AND
http://merveilleuse-ily.blogspot.com/2011/02/paris-2.html

What should April's pie be??

7 comments:

merveilleuse said...

Hahahaha you captured my most beautiful side in that canal pic. And oh mah lawd Fabrizio. Hahahaha. YES you still have readers. Love you Macadoodle.

My vote for pie:

http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/04/strawberry-banana-cream-pie/

Aberdeen said...

1. Yes! I check your blog :)
2. I think your pie for next week should have lemon because it's spring.
3. What lovely photos :) It looks like you had a fabulous time! Did you speak any French?

Take care :)

xo

Jessica.h said...

Um. Your pies look amazing. And I want us to get together someday, huh?

Carly said...

France?! For not blogging in a while, you sure came up with a doozy. I'm soooo jealz. :)

best ed pills said...

Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

herbal erection pills said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great posts, have a nice evening!

erectile dysfunction said...

hey there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this site, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.