Saturday, March 14, 2009

field trip

On Thursday my class took a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It was a success! We toured the Egyptian wing because we are learning about Ancient Egypt in class right now.  The kids were really into it, especially the mummies.

It was interesting taking them into Manhattan.  I realized that most of them don't really leave their neighborhood in the Bronx.  One of my students asked me, "Ms. Duffy, why are there so many yellow cars here?"  (He was referring to the NYC taxi cabs!).  I would like to take them on more trips so they can have more experiences to learn from.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I wish my teachers had been as fun as you, Ms. Duffy.

Mine just threw books at us and called us gomers.

P.S. Sarah says hi.

Jessica.h said...

This is the cutest thing.

Aberdeen said...

Wow! That is so cool! I mean, not only opening their eyes to art/mummies, but different ways of life.

Love you!

XO

merveilleuse said...

aw, ms. duffy! what a fun field trip.

i'm also laughing because the word identification for this post is "peenonp".

Rachel said...

miss DUCKY!! (ohhhh)

this is really precious. i want to go on a field trip to NY. with you.

Anonymous said...

It is just precious that your students call you *Ms. Duffy*--I love your photos of the field trip!